Sunday, August 31, 2008

Computers

Well I did it, bought new comp. Its fast and quiet looks good and fights back just like all the others. Will take some time to get used to using Vista but I guess I will adjust in the long run. The house is coming along. I did not realize just how much crap I had and did not need.

I have been emptying boxes today and have filled 2 office garbage cans so I think I am making progress. The office is looking better. Funny the things I have found that i packed make me rethink the items we have in our life and the things we think are important. I have found pens from 15 years ago that I used in the restaurant business and funny they still don't work. But I kept them. Scratch paper that was old the day I found it 20 years ago that I just now thew away. Many many paper clips and twisty ties that I have no idea why I kept. More than a few business cards from people across 3 states that I will never see again but I have their info just in case. Tax paper work that I did not need but got for the chance that it was needed. more scratch paper and pens. telephone cords in short and long lengths no clue where from. Scratch paper and pens and pencils. Pictures of friends and family that brought back great memories. Coupons for things I did not need and did not get but just had to keep the coupons. Catalogs for tools, tools, and more tools.

I took 5 large boxes and paired it down to one box to keep few things to use and 2 very full garbage cans. Now onto the other 12 boxes of stuff. Funny don't know what I will find but hey its like Christmas... LOL..

That's all for now more on house soon I hope

Vinnie

2 comments:

HonuGirl said...

Hello... were you in my garage??? Cuz I found a lot of those pens, pencils, note pads and small empty plastic bags from make up samples ... I have no idea why I STILL own this stuff.

Keep tossing -- you're making progress!! =)

HonuGirl said...

... tell me more!!!